Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holy Book; guaranteed BS - Part 2



We are all overgrown monkeys, the product of 18.1 billion years of haphazard evolution.  You are already the most remarkable machine we know in the Universe.  Isn't that enough?  


Why let a book do your thinking for you?
We are already a miracle of creation (evolution).


Religion is simply whatever organized insanity you are born into.  I wasn't, and when I turned 12 my parents - strong believers in freedom of thought - took me religion shopping. For 52 weeks, we visited every religion and denomination, interviewing the "Holy Man" on Wednesday afternoon and attending each week-end service.  I attended all the religions, faiths and denominations we could find – and I studied them with a clean slate, a truly open mind unbiased by religion from birth.


On my 13th birthday, they said, "Ok, you are old enough to make your own decisions.  Choose whatever you want."  We totally support freedom of thought, including religion.


I replied, "None of the above.  They are all based upon irrational fables."


If you are so weak-minded you cannot function without a religious baby blanket, be my guest to get sucked in by whatever bullshit you were born into.  As my parent said, make your own decision.  That doesn't make it fact, or correct.  It just means you are so weak-minded you accept organized insanity.  




My religion is the Stars - the rhythm of our marvelous Universe (and now we know there are even more).  I do my best to stay in synch with that rhythm - and I know that with nobody to lean on to forgive my sins that I cannot sin.  If I do sin, I must live with it for life.


Guess what - that makes me more honest - and holy - than any believer.  At least I've got my own brain - and I live my life in the service of all living beings.  It’s a simple life, with few possessions.  I don’t even own a motorbike, let alone a car, and my carbon footprint is about US$20/month.


And it feels great to help everything from a butterfly to a human with no ulterior motive.  I think that if he actually existed, Jesus would approve.

See you on the water, Ling Yai (Thai for 'Big Monkey') AKA John Caveman Gray

             
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment