Saturday, February 26, 2011

US Politics (1 of 3)



I've been following politics since the 1952 conventions - B&W and floor fights too.  Those were exciting days.  One thing I learned was to "Follow The Money".  The first thing I looked at in Obama's campaign were all the Wall Street campaign contributions.  


Ominous.


Then I "met" Rahm on the Tube. Before he opened his mouth his body language told me “Here is a real Jerk”.  I knew we would win thanks to Obama's charisma (especially after Sarah Palin's VP selection) but I knew all was already lost.  Even behind the scenes, Rahm is such an acerbic, foul mouthed jerk he nullifies Obama's polish.  It also telegraphed to the Muslim world that nothing would change in the Israeli-Palestinian issue, and we were in for a rough ride.  


Emanuel was such a bad decision that it brings Obama's judgment into question.  When he stumped on "Change We Can Believe In", in fact it is politics as usual.


Ken Salazar was another disingenuous selection that violated “Doing the right thing.” I'm a naturalist, and wildlife/conservation issues are important to me.  Obama went to school in my Honolulu neighborhood, so I expected far more from him in focusing on Nature.  Many Hawai'i residents consider whaling as Genocide, but Barack has totally ignored wildlife and the environment - very unusual for an "Akamai" Hawai'i resident.  By playing politics with Wall Street, making Washington Insiders and the rest of us endure Emanuel, and ignoring conservation issues, Obama told us that "Change We Can Believe In" was just a campaign slogan.  



See you on the water, Ling Yai (Thai for 'Big Monkey') AKA John Caveman Gray


             
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment