Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hong Kong street sharks




I just wrote a lengthy reply and Facebook crashed. Maybe I said "Brain Dead Chinese" too much. 

Fact is this goes on even in Phuket, where at least three downtown hotels (with branches catering to tourists) still sell Sharkfin soup. 

When I was giving a Rockefeller Foundation Climate Change talk last year, a group tour was eating shark fin in the next room. Even famous Yao Ming cannot get his own people to stop. This is killing the seas, and when the seas die, so do humans. 

All modern thinking Chinese need to join with Penninsula Hotels and ban shark fin - and elephant, rhino, lion, bear, gorilla, dog and cat food and artifacts. 

Hey China, the only way you will feed your people in the future is to go Vegan! I'm a follower of Lao Tzu - please go read him!



See you on the water, Ling Yai (Thai for 'Big Monkey') AKA John Caveman Gray

             
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    Your post is very much interesting to read.I just liked it very much.your post is very much effective.I really appreciate your work.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete