Friday, May 29, 2015




So .. You say my numbers are increasing .....
I live in Bandhavgarh and those you who come here call me Rajbehra cub though I am well past that age. You see I am about two-and-half- a- years old now. Well, I don't mind. After all what is there in a name. I meet many of you at the Tadoba water hole when I go there sometimes for a drink. Glad that you like me and take my photographs. I am pleased.
But I have complaints. And that is about your habit of telling lies. You say numbers of my folks have increased by 30% over the past three years. May I ask you what great have you done in these years so that our numbers could increase so rapidly? Or do you think we are in some kind of a competition with you over this issue ? You are the masters of this art. Admitted. We are no match to you.
Please speak truth. Why don't you admit and be candid that you are destroying my habitat regularly and killing my folks for money. Every year you kill so many of us. You kill 2-3 of us in this jungle every year. You don't spare even our infants. Hardly a fortnight ago you snared and killed nine months old son of my friend Banbehi. You send our skin, flesh and bones to China. I understand there are many among you who well deserve this treatment. Why don't you skin them and wear whatever you make of the hide.It may suit your sense of fashion and become a hit.
But you will not do it. I know. Because you say you are humans and therefore superior , noble and have a right to live. And we are only animals and hence have no such right or a limited one only forfeited to your sense of greed and inverted justice.
My dear the so called superior friend. We may be the animals. But we do not deceive, murder, robe and rape. You the noblest . Are you listening......
— with Ling Yai and 40 others.


See you on the water, Ling Yai (Thai for 'Big Monkey') AKA John Caveman Gray

             
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment