Thursday, October 20, 2011

Our Oceans are in dire straits - what's next?


Greenpeace Fish
There is one more reason why I have never had children; here are some, whaling, shark fin soup, drift netting, long lines and oil spills... 


In 2001 I paddled over a reef so remote giant lobsters never moved when I snorkeled over their coral beds. Two months later that reef died from Global Warming.


my Costal Management Class
Just this morning though I was lecturing my Coastal Tourism Management class on the folly of concrete hotels and all others because they require immense air conditioning, I wonder about the energy consumption for rooms which are unnecessarily too cold?


We must take drastic steps - immediately. 


No more air con, increased public transportation instead of traffic jams, etc. and much more. 




See you on the water, Ling Yai (Thai for 'Big Monkey') AKA John Caveman Gray

             
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment